Are You Ready to Shine Online?
Jumpstart Your Business Even Without a Website – A Non-Tech-Savvy Starter Kit
Capturing Your Ideas for your Future Website
- What questions do your clients or customers ask you? This is like market research that comes to you. Note it all down. Are there any patterns? The same questions that come up over and over again.
- What do you have to explain a lot to prospective clients to clarify your work?
- What do you notice in your industry that drives you up the wall?
- What do you notice in your industry that you think could be done better. Start formulating your point of view about why and how you do what you do.
Google Business Profile (GBP) formerly Google My Business
- Once you have a profile make it as complete as possible.
- Update it at least once a week or a few times a month. You can post updates, services, promotions, events, photos.
- Fill out the FAQ with those questions you have been gathering
- Ask for reviews
- You can use the chat function on Google business profile so potential customers can contact you easily.
Reconnect and Re-engage
- Offer a reintroduction discount or promotion
- Use this opportunity to reconnect and gather feedback. Why have they dropped off for instance?
- Tell them about new services that you have
Use a Customer Relationship Management [CRM] Tool
- Ask to add people to your list when you think it is a fit.
- Send out a ‘last minute availability’ email once a week or occasionally
- Imagine you wake up Monday with a crook in your neck you wish you had made that massage appointment days ago. Then you get a friendly email from your preferred massage therapist saying the have a couple of openings that week! WIN-WIN
- You can also send out occasional promotions or updates about your business
Engaging but Informal Workshops
- Approach a local coffee shop and say I am inviting a few people here Wednesday morning and I am going to run a mini workshop (Maybe it will become a regular shop highlight!)
- You get to teach and teaching is a great way to learn more about your people. –> What questions do they ask? What did they get excited about?
- You can also get referrals from these events or even a testimonial!
Partnerships for Promotion
- Find businesses that share your target audience.
- What if a nutritionist partnered with a local farm from the market. You offer recipes for the veggie box and the farm promotes your next event?
- Everyone needs a bookkeeper! Find one you like and support each other.
- Join local groups just to meet people, be friendly, learn and network
You don’t need to be a tech expert to make a meaningful impact online. By implementing these strategies, you’ll be well on your way to building a successful presence and connecting with your target audience.
You can check out my blog posts here on Ideas To Build Your Business Online
Connect with me on my socials
OR send me an email and I will answer your questions.